I’ve officially failed at NaBloPoMo. The past few nights, I’ve just been exhausted at 9PM and decided to go to bed rather than scratch out a post. I made it 22 days which is more than I ever thought I’d make it.
Even when I don’t write, I always read. MyFeedly (still don’t like this as much as Google Reader) overflows! Here are some posts that I read this week that had me in my feelings on some level:
- Nylse posted some reflections on “Twenty-Five Years of Marriage” and it was like she wrote that message for me. Young kids, working, overwhelmed with life, feeling like I’m not getting enough help from The Mister. Whoooo.
- Elizabeth posted some raw and honest reflections on the anniversary of her assault while running. What happened to her is just awful and was a definite wake-up call to me as a runner. I have often run alone in semi-sketchy situations and I probably need to re-evaluate that. Shoot, the situation doesn’t even have to be sketchy for something crazy to happen as her story illustrates! I’ve struggled in the past with how to proceed with running sometimes. I couldn’t always run with a buddy and running at o’dark o’thirty was the only time I could get it in. When you need to get a run in and you are working with limited time, what else can you do?
- From the “Woo Woo Woo” files, I could really relate to the feelings expressed in posts by Mrs. Pancakes and MrsMixtress. I’ve been/am there ladies!
- Not linking, but I really want this Maria Kang (AKA “The What’s Your Excuse Mom” woman to be quiet. Every post she writes (see “I Am Banned From Facebook”) explaining herself further just puts that foot in her mouth deeper. Stop it lady. You never know what someone’s journey (ugh, hate that word) is like or where it is currently. God forbid someone larger than a size 8 feel good about themselves without it being a case of “normalizing obesity.”
- I haven’t been feeling much like a runner lately, but this post sums up how I felt about road marathons while in the thick of my trail/ultrarunning phase. I agree with every single point.